TOPS (The Option Program at Seward) is an alternative K-8 public school dedicated to giving our students a complete education while emphasizing themes of social justice and citizenship. Our central location and status as an Option school, open to students from all over the city, make for a diverse student population which both complements and demands teaching empathy, acceptance, and responsibility to others.
- TOPS Open Houses – TOPS is hosting several open houses for prospective elementary and middle school students. Please spread the word to any families within the Washington service area that you know. The middle school tour is also a great resource for existing elementary TOPS families!
Thurs., Jan. 15th, 9:45-11 am, K-5
Thurs., Jan. 22nd, 9:45-11am, Middle School
Tues., Feb. 10th, 9:45-11 am, K-5
Thurs., Feb. 26th, 5:30 – 7 pm, K-5 & Middle School
- Student Lunch Accounts: Please add funds to student lunch accounts – there are currently large deficits. If you don’t know what the balance is, you may ask the lunchroom manager, Annie Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clothes Closet: The front office is in need of small sized pants (K-3 grade level). Sweat pants, jeans, and/or elastic waist would be best, but any would be appreciated.
- Hour of Code — Huge Success: Last week all our Tops students participated in Hour of Code – a nationwide event to provide kids with an introduction to computer science and computer coding. Thanks to Kathleen Lendvay and Katie Waters. Learn more code.org/learn.
- Tops Yoga Club is Back: Winter session starts Jan. 7th and runs through Mar. 18th. The class will take place on Wednesdays after school in the Staff Room (C201) from 3:15-4:15 and is $130 for 10 sessions. Partial and full scholarships are available so please enquire. Contact Sandra Congdon at to get signed up for class. One more parent volunteer is needed.
- If your child is going to be absent please use this e-mail to notify the main office: email@example.com.
|Fri 12/19||Last School Day Before Winter Break|
|Tues 1/6||Next Go Home Deadline (7pm)||Elin Martin|
|Wed 1/7||DEADLINE for Childcare, 1/14 Site Council||Jeneane Kruchoski|
|Wed 1/14||MLK Day of Service Topics (9:30 – 12:50pm)||Paige Smith|
|Wed 1/14||Site Council Meeting (5-7pm, Library)|
|Thurs 1/15||TOPS Tour for K-5 Families (9:45-11am)|