TOPS (The Option Program at Seward) is an alternative K-8 public school dedicated to giving our students a complete education while emphasizing themes of social justice and citizenship. Our central location and status as an Option school, open to students from all over the city, make for a diverse student population which both complements and demands teaching empathy, acceptance, and responsibility to others.
- CSJ invites YOU to Movie Night!
The Coalition for Social Justice is hosting a free movie night. Please join us for a screening of the film “Including Samuel”, a documentary about inclusion of a child with cerebral palsy and other children with disabilities in the lives of their families, schools and communities.
Friday evening, Feb. 27th
Pizza at 6pm, movie at 6:30. Free childcare provided, including pizza and a movie. Please email to reserve childcare or to request ASL interpretation for the event.
- Open Enrollment Reminders: The district has created an easy-to-use Assignment Look-Up Tool on the Seattle Public Schools Admissions website (http://enrollment.www.seattleschools.org) allowing families greater ease in identifying their student’s assigned school both this year and the next school year. The tool will be available Feb. 23. Families will no longer be mailed a next-year assignment letter for each student in mid-February. If you have a rising Kindergarten student, and you would like him/her to attend TOPS, you must complete the Choice School application. Advanced Learning Testing and Open Enrollment is Feb. 23 – March 6. See the current Go Home for details.
- Eric’s Spring Break Basketball Camp: contact Eric at email@example.com.
- Middle School Sports Jerseys: Please return all fall sports jerseys (Ultimate and Girls Soccer) to Don and Eric.
- Spring Sports Physicals: Don’t wait to complete spring sports paperwork. Middle School students will have the option of playing Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball, Track and Spring Ultimate. Students must have all paperwork in to Don and Eric in order to participate. The paperwork for soccer, track and ultimate can be found on the district website under “Athletics”. Information for spring Ultimate will follow.
Come share with our students! Please consider joining us for Topics!
We are also looking for confirmations for the remainder of the year:
• February 27th, 12:40-2:50pm – groups split into 1st/2nd and 3rd -5th
• March 25th, 9:30am-12:50pm – groups split into 1st/2nd and 3rd -5th
• April 24th, 12:40 – 2:50pm – FIUTS International day – need only assistants
• May 22nd, 12:40 – 2:50pm – groups across 1st – 5th grades
- Join Team Auction!
The TOPS Annual Auction is May 9th. Joining the auction team is a great way to volunteer at TOPS and get to know families in other grade bands. There are about forty lead auction positions. While most of these positions are filled with returning volunteers, there are a few openings this year. Please see the list below and contact Tasha Atchison if you are interested or have questions.
- Flexible Volunteer Opportunity
Our current Site Council Treasurer, Ana Bowman (5th grade parent), is looking for a volunteer(s) to support the Site Council treasury needs. This is a great way to earn your volunteer hours in the comfort of your own home.
The volunteer hours are approximately 2-4 hours per week depending on how many volunteers we can recruit. Please consider and contact us today! firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fri 2/13||Confirmations needed for Feb 27 Topics||Paige Smith|
|Tues 2/17||NEXT GO HOME DEADLINE (7pm)||Elin Martin|
|Thurs 2/26||K-5 & Middle School Open House (5:30-7pm)|
|Fri 2/27||Elementary Topics||Paige Smith|
|Fri 2/27||CSJ Movie Night (6:00pm)||Tina Shereen|