TOPS (The Option Program at Seward) is an alternative K-8 public school dedicated to giving our students a complete education while emphasizing themes of social justice and citizenship. Our central location and status as an Option school, open to students from all over the city, make for a diverse student population which both complements and demands teaching empathy, acceptance, and responsibility to others.
|Tues 6/16||Last Day of School, 2:10 Dismissal!|
|8/17-21||Kindergarten Jump Start Week, 9am-12pm||Carrie Barnes|
|Fri 8/21||Welcome Potluck for Kindergarten Families, 6pm-8pm|
|Wed 9/9||First Day of School|
|Mon 9/14||First Day of Kindergarten|
- TOPS K-8 JUMP START Kindergarten Transition Week August 17th -21st, 2015
If your child starts Kindergarten in September, please reserve the week of August 17-21, 2015 (9 am – 12 pm) for Jump Start at TOPS. Jump Start is a half-day Kindergarten “camp” that gives children and their families a chance to learn about their new school. Jump Start is FREE and all new Kindergarteners are encouraged to sign up. Please visit http://tiny.cc/EarlyLearn to learn more and fill out registration forms. Here’s a great video about this program and how to signup: https://youtu.be/fycdNZNDxiM. All forms can be returned to our TOPS Kindergarten parent volunteer over the summer — Carrie Barnes, 812 E Shelby St. Seattle, WA 98102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Kindergarten Play Dates
Saturday: June 27th, 9am-11amThursday: July 16th 2pm-3:30pmFriday, August 14th, 3-5pm
- Payment Requests and Reimbursements: Friends of TOPS is requesting that all payment requests for services and or reimbursements due and payable by Friends of TOPS must be submitted for payment no later than the last day of school, June 16.
- Volunteerism at TOPS
A big thank you to the hundreds of parents who contributed countless hours this year! TOPS depends on your involvement, so please know your efforts are invaluable.
Looking ahead to next year, we have vacancies that need filling right away. It’s as easy as emailing to volunteer or find out more information. See the Go Home for specific opportunities.
- Reminder from Annie in the Lunchroom
Many students have a negative balance in their lunch accounts and parents are responsible for adding money to the accounts. Thank you!
- Lost and Found Reminder: Please be sure to check the lost and found area, as all items will be packed up and donated when school lets out for summer. Questions? Please contact Carol Lawrence at Thanks!
- Summer Day Camp at Kids Co. TOPS
Last Call! Enroll in Kids Co. summer day camp today! June 22nd through Sept 3rd, 7am-6pm or 9am-4pm. Sign up today at www.kidscompany.org or email
- Art4Kids 2015 Summer Art Camp
Fused glass, clay (sculpture and wheelwork), drawing, painting, block printing, silkscreen and mixed media! Register at www.art4kidsnw.com.
- Game Design Camp – Spring & Summer Break
Michael Adams is hosting camps at TOPS beginning with a Spring Break Camp. Summer camps: June 22-26, June 29 – July 3, July 6-11, July 27-31. You can come all week or just a day or two. Reserve a spot by emailing:
- Eric’s Spring Break & Summer Basketball Camp
Basketball & Gaming Camp summer dates: June 16th – 19th, June 22nd – 26th and June 29th – July 3rd. Contact Eric at or 206-252-3516 for additional information.
- Ultimate Frisbee! Great camps from discnw.org
- Sailing! Contact the Center for Wooden Boats for summer sailing camps.
- “TOPS Falcons” Spring/Summer sweatshirt order
A lot of families have been asking for another chance to order a “TOPS Falcons” hooded sweatshirt. Now is your chance to order one. See the current Go Home to place your order!