TOPS (The Option Program at Seward) is an alternative K-8 public school dedicated to giving our students a complete education while emphasizing themes of social justice and citizenship. Our central location and status as an Option school, open to students from all over the city, make for a diverse student population which both complements and demands teaching empathy, acceptance, and responsibility to others.
- TOPS Open Houses – TOPS is hosting several open houses for prospective elementary and middle school students. Please spread the word to any families within the Washington service area that you know. The middle school tour is also a great resource for existing elementary TOPS families!
Wed., Dec. 10th, 9:45-11 am, K-5 & Middle
Thurs., Jan. 15th, 9:45-11 am, K-5
Thurs., Jan. 22nd, 9:45-11am, Middle School
Tues., Feb. 10th, 9:45-11 am, K-5
Thurs., Feb. 26th, 5:30 – 7 pm, K-5 & Middle School
- TOPS Volunteer Involvement Forms – Although the official deadline of Sept. 30th has now passed, the TOPS Volunteer Coordinators are still happy to receive your completed Volunteer Involvement Form (we LOVE new volunteers!). Please download a paper version of the form. To submit your form, you can: (1) scan and email it to (PREFERRED METHOD – MOST EFFICIENT), (2) turn it in to the TOPS Office, or (3) send it to school with your student to turn in to his/her teacher. Questions? Contact Krista Hudson and Tasha Atchison at .
- TOPS Family Directory Opt-In Forms – The Sept. 30th deadline to opt-in to this year’s TOPS Family Directory has now passed. If you missed it and still want to try to get us your family’s contact info (no promises, as we may have already gone to print), please email Liesl Langley at email@example.com.
- The 2014 No Bake Sale is on! Go here now to donate online or click the cupcake icon over there in the right column on any page in the site!
- Washington State 2014 Healthy Youth Survey
Our district is participating in the Washington State 2014 Healthy Youth Survey during the week of October 13 – 17.
The Healthy Youth survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, risk and protective factors, access to school-based services, and sexual behaviors, abuse and orientation. Survey results are used by schools, communities and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks.
The Healthy Youth Survey is given to students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 across Washington State.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous.
Please read the Parent and Student Notification flyer that was given out at Curriculum Night and sent via email for more information about the Healthy Youth Survey.
- New TOPS Start Times for 2014-2015 School Year
Kids can be dropped off the earliest at 8:20.
First bell is 8:35
Late bell is 8:40
End of day bell is 3:10
- If your child is going to be absent please use this e-mail to notify the main office: firstname.lastname@example.org. This link can also be found in the right hand column of every page on the TOPS web site under Helpful Links.
- The Pianoforte Program at TOPS is enrolling new students for the 2014-2015 school year for after school piano lessons. New and continuing piano students of all levels are welcome. The cost is $30 per half hour lesson. Please contact Peter Vukmirovic Stevens (email@example.com or 206-226-8776) for available times.
- 2014-15 Supply Lists: Follow this link to see supply lists for each grade.
|Sat 12/6||TOPS Mando for Kids Performance (2pm)||Sue Lesser|
|Wed 12/10||Orders DUE for TOPS Sweatshirts||Don Zemke|
|Wed 12/10||School Tours (9:45-11m)|
|Wed 12/10||Site Council Meeting (5-7pm, Library)|
|Thurs 12/11||Music Concert (10am)|
|Fri 12/12||Hour of Code Topics (12:40 – 2:50pm)||Paige Smith|
|Mon 12/15||Middle School Ski Bus Forms DUE||Michele Layton|
|Tues 12/16||NEXT GO HOME DEADLINE (7pm)||Elin Martin|
|Fri 12/19||Last School Day Before Winter Break|
|Wed 1/7||DEADLINE for Childcare, 1/14 Site Council||Jeneane Kruchoski|
|Wed 1/14||MLK Day of Service Topics (9:30 – 12:50pm)||Paige Smith|
|Wed 1/14||Site Council Meeting (5-7pm, Library)|